The mission of the Warren County Children’s Advocacy Center is to provide a safe and supportive environment that is dedicated to serving children and their families. Professionals from multiple disciplines within the community coordinate investigations, interventions, prosecutions, and provide specialized treatment while reducing trauma and promoting healing.
At the WC-CAC, we provide a safe, child-centered space for children who have been abused or neglected to tell their stories. With a CAC, children and their non-offending family members no longer must travel to several locations in the county to tell their stories, and access support. All of that is accomplished under one roof at the WC-CAC.
The Warren County CAC is an operationally and financially independent 501(c)(3) organization.
The Warren County CAC is currently working to update systems and strengthen programming and outreach in the following areas, which will be supported in part by any donations received during Warren Gives:
- Establishing a Warren County CAC Canine program to have a facility dog available to children in the CAC, and during the court process.
- Obtaining iPads or similar devices for families to utilize while at the center to access support service and participate in qualitative surveys.
- Development of community education and prevention program and services.
- An update of the main server utilized during the Forensic Interview process, including adding additional cameras, microphones, etc.
- Ongoing support of local law enforcement partners in providing trauma-informed, child-centered, and legally sound Forensic Interviews to assist with the investigation of abused and neglected children in Warren County.
- County-wide education and outreach of CAC purpose, services and initiatives.
Contact: Melissa McLean, Executive Director
Address: 110A East St. Clair Street, Warren, PA 16365
Phone: (814) 313-1004